Friday, May 30, 2008

I've taken a two week hiatus from my main EMS job, to sit back and finish up med school apps. Worst decision ever.

I essentially fell into this slump, where I caught up on sleep, let my family know I'm still kickin', and became homeless for a week (interesting story there). However, I did not get any work done, other than surf a crap-ton of medblogs on a wild-goose chase for any advice on how to wrestle with my apps.

Only when I jumped a call this morning did I realize I've been floating along, only half awake. I will hopefully be back in action tomorrow. For now, I am running Incident Command for the C-USA baseball regionals. The cot I set up next to my laptop is starting to smell like burgers and fries. Mmm yum. No patients, please.

You are a Sock. A funky personally quiz declared my existence as 100% cotton-weave. I thought it was an appropriate name for this blog. Socks go in haphazardly into my drawer, which is also a place for me to stick stuff. Dr Au describes it best:

Because your your underwear drawer is where you stash all your demons. All the private stuff that you don't want your parents to find. All the embarassing stuff that you jam all the way to the bottom right before your new boyfriend comes to visit. All the private valuables from your adolescence that you might find years later (tucked away under that dingy pair of granny panties that you never wear but keep around for contingency), the significance of which, years later, you can barely remember.

"http://theunderweardrawer.homestead.com/files/00-10-27.html"


Agh. Do you see how I've fallen into the dark side?

No comments: