Sunday, July 20, 2008

Surprise!

Today I worked an EMT contract job. The city opera society worked out a deal with us that I am perfectly happy with. I waltz in, and essentially get paid to watch an opera, tend to patients (only one patient the entire time last year), and could bring a date for free.

Nice, huh?


I was supposed to meet my contact at the box office. I found him, and he seemed like a nice cashier, showing me where to go and handing me my tickets. I brought a friend this first time, and we had a good time exploring the absolutely gorgeous building. The pre-show lecture was spectacular, ranking with some of the best lectures from the school year.

After we finished up the show, my contact walked up in a snazzy suit and asked if we enjoyed the show. It was indeed cute, entertaining, and just a great Gilbert & Sullivan show in general. As I flipped through the program waiting for everyone to file out, on the first page was a welcome letter from the President of the opera society, with a nice photo of my contact included. Yup.

No comments: