Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Good stuff coming soon, I promise. Lots of ideas just bubbling around. Amazing what you can do when you start to have regular sleep.

Before: lived in a dorm for the past five years. Last three, on the corner of the medical center on one of the busiest streets in town. Last year, on first floor, woken up by ambulances every night.

-Last 2 years, drove an ambulance all hours of the night, roughly every 3rd night. For. Two. Years.

-Essentially, I have never had regular sleep since high school. Oh wait. That didn't count. Perhaps not since my days of recess thanks to a teenager's messed up hormones?




Now: 7-8 hours a night. Undisturbed, thanks to a nice cushy place with a great non-nocturnal roommate. My brain is aliiive again! I am even off of caffeine ever since I went cold-turkey this break.

It also really helps that I am on a nice workout/run schedule again. The link is definitely there: the better sleep you get, the more energy you have during the day to have fun and play; the more exercise you get, you enjoy better quality sleep. Win win! Yay.

No comments: